Stillwell Group of Companies
We apply the definition of personal information contained within the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
When providing us with information, individuals have a right to know:
- type of personal information collected and held;
- purposes for which the information is collected;
- how the information is collected;
- how the information is held;
- access and correction;
- who may the information be disclosed to;
- complaints procedure
1. What type of personal information do we collect?
Stillwell Management Consultants and Stillwell Select Recruitment will only collect and disclose information for which it is required to provide recruitment, psychological, payroll and management consulting services to persons who have provided their consent; or for its own ancillary marketing, legal and administrative purposes. The information collected will include personal information obtained from individuals including their name, address, contact details, work history and qualifications and information in relation to their work performance and conduct obtained from their referees, current or previous employers and/or our staff. Payroll information for on-hire staff will include employment details, tax file number, superannuation account details, bank account details and other ancillary information that is required to fulfil contractual, legislative, filing and reporting obligations (including the payment of salary and wages).
2. Why do we collect personal information and how do we use it?
We collect your personal information and use it for the purpose for which it was provided to us. This may include –
- Providing our clients and job seekers with our services
- Facilitating placement operations and recruitment services for job applicants, including assessing your application for employment with prospective employers and verifying your information
- Performance appraisals
- Testing and assessment including psychological and skills testing, medical testing and police checks that you may be required to undergo
- Identification of Training needs
- Any insurance claim or proposal that required disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- Payment for work undertaken as an on-hire employee or contractor
- Workplace rehabilitation
- Management of any complaint, investigation or enquiry in which you are involved
3. How do we collect the information?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you when –
- You complete a registration form for work or for a position advertised by us either through our website or when attending our office for an interview
- You visit our website
- We receive a reference about you
- We receive results of enquiries that we might make with former employers, work colleagues, professional associations and registration organizations and educational institutions
- We receive results of any psychometric, skills, competency and medical tests or police checks
- We receive performance feedback
- We receive any complaint about you in the workplace
- You provide additional information about you
- Your host employer provides us with timesheets signed by you
- You provide legal documentation including banking, taxation, superannuation, proof of entitlement to work in Australia
- We receive any information about a workplace accident or incident in which you are involved
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
4. How is the information stored?
Information is stored in paper files and/or electronically in our secure computer storage facilities in-house and via a third-party secure data storage provider. We also collect data on and via our website. All electronically captured job applicant and client data is passed through a secure site using encryption technology to ensure your personal information is protected if it is sent over the internet or accessed through the web.
We will take reasonable steps to secure your personal information that we collect and hold. Electronic information is protected by various security measures and access to information and databases is restricted to authorised personnel who need to access the information to perform their duties.
Stillwell Management Consultants provides psychological evaluation and counselling services. Information so gathered is sensitive health information and will be treated as such and stored securely and generally can only be disclosed with the relevant individual’s consent unless required by Court Order or other law. If disclosure is required by Court Order or law we will generally advise you first.
Stillwell Management Consultants and Stillwell Select Recruitment will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds on individuals from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Despite the measures we have put in place we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. It is your responsibility to protect your personal information (for example, by protecting any usernames and passwords) and you should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breach.
5. Access and Correction of Personal Information
1. Stillwell Management Consultants and Stillwell Select Recruitment will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information collected, used and disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
2. Individuals may, on request, have the right to examine the personal information collected and maintained by Stillwell Management Consultants and Stillwell Select Recruitment about them unless otherwise required. Personal information can be examined by appointment, during normal business hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
3. You can make a request to examine your personal information to our Privacy Officer as follows:
- Phone: 08 8212 0999
- Fax: 08 8212 0899
- Mail: GPO Box 925, Adelaide SA 5001
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Should an individual identify any errors in the information examined, Stillwell Management Consultants will immediately rectify this with due notification. If we are unable to agree that personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up-to-date you may request us to attach a statement by you that claims the identified information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
5. If the information sought impacts upon the privacy of any other individual then an extract or summary of the record will be provided in a manner that continues to protect the privacy of all parties.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
1. Stillwell Management Consultants and Stillwell Select Recruitment will only use or disclose information about an individual for the purposes for which it is primarily held (generally recruitment, provision of on-hire labour or management consulting). It may be provided to referees for suitability and screening purposes, for a related secondary purpose (such as marketing to the individual) or if the individual consents.
2. In particular, we reserve the right to disclose appropriate personal information about you to those client employers in whose organisation you have expressed interest in obtaining employment. This interest would generally be confirmed by your formal application for any position that we have advertised or of which you have become aware through our communication with you.
4. A professional association or registration body that has an identified interest in the disclosure of your personal information.
5. A Workers Compensation body;
6. Our contractors and suppliers eg. our IT providers, payroll providers, superannuation suppliers, insurance providers, Database and Timesheet providers;
7. Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
7. Cross-Border or Overseas Disclosure
In order to fulfil our contractual obligations we may disclose your information to our contracted payroll processing centres which may be located outside of Australia. We may also supply information to Clients located primarily in New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. The costs and difficulties of enforcement of privacy rights in foreign jurisdictions and the impracticability of attempting to enforce such rights in some jurisdictions will mean that in some instances, we will need to seek your consent to disclosure.
8. Policy Changes and Further Information
1. Future Changes
Further Information on Privacy